Our mission is to bring all people to full maturity in Christ through Worship (Liturgia), Service (Diakonia), Education (Paideia), Witness (Martyria), and Fellowship (Koinonia), guided and united in all things by the one Holy Spirit.
Youth and Young Adult Ministry here at Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Cathedral is a relationship-based process by which youth gather in a relaxed, social venture to share the experience of being an Orthodox Christian with their peers and to learn how put their faith into action. This is done through age appropriate interactive activities, discussions, service projects, retreats, social gatherings and outings. The youth groups are distinguished as follows:
Upcoming Youth events:
Northwest YES Weekend
WHEN? Friday-Sunday, April 13-15, 2018
WHAT? A wonderful opportunity to serve and love our most needy neighbors in Portland, Oregon
WHO? 13 years old-College students
WHERE? We will meet on Friday at 5 pm and stay Friday and Saturday nights at Holy Trinity Cathedral. The service learning weekend will come to a close following Liturgy on Sunday.
COST? A registration gift of $175 a person will cover all trip expenses, make it possible for the YES Program to prepare and execute the trip, and enable our service team to meet the needs of those we serve.
REGISTER!! Visit https://focusnorthamerica.org/programs/yes/upcoming-trips/ and register under the Portland trip.
QUESTIONS? Please contact Sophia Fraser at email@example.com.
Goals of Our Youth Ministry
- To introduce and connect them to our Lord, God, and Savior Jesus Christ, and to help them deepen their relationship with Him.
- To offer social, religious, and service related opportunities which are inclusive, diverse, and fun.
- To lead them in experiencing our most precious and holy Orthodox Christian Faith.
- To encourage and support them in their efforts to be active participants in the liturgical and sacramental life of the Church.
- To help them develop life long bonds and meaningful relationships with their peers and with those who minister to them.